Posted by: Anonymous  on 12/23/10 @ 08:48:02am

I am out of school and would like to say I am celebrating CHRISTMAS VACATION! Not WINTER VACATION! f*** YOU POLITICALLY CORRECT a**h*** ! It was always christmas vacation long before some jews and muslims complained about it!

Category: Politics     71 Responses
I'm with you. I say Merry Christmas and I say it louder when somebody cluck "Happy Holidays" at me. But it wasn't the jews and muslims that started this(at least it wasn't the jews). It was atheists. They're the loudest, most obnoxious group of religious fanatics you'll ever have the misfortune of meeting. And not all atheists are like that, but enough of them are that you can reasonably assume what a particular atheist will be like before you meet them.
#1    Anonymous     12/23/10 @ 10:00:40am    Comment
Ikr? I don't give a crap about what religion you are. I will say Merry *Christ*mas. Not Happy Holidays. Geeze. I hate how controversial this world has gotten. No one believes in God anymore because they rely on sight, not faith.
#2    Anonymous     12/23/10 @ 12:47:35pm    Comment
Any retard that Yells "Merry Christmas" at me I just assume to be an ill-bred, bible-thumping redneck. Christians are more annoying with every passing year, yet constantly whine they are "victims".
#3    Anonymous     12/23/10 @ 01:07:16pm    Comment
Oh yes, here I am ;)

Christmas is actually stolen from a Roman Paganism holiday called Saturnalia. They would bring the slaves in and give them gifts, have big feasts, and slaughter some bulls to sacrifice.
You people really should do some f***ing research before you open your big idiot mouths. You are being extremely exclusive by saying this because SO many other religions celebrate holidays around this time, too.

This issue has nothing to do with other people being politically correct a**h*** , but ALL to do with you being bigots.
#4    Bones     12/23/10 @ 01:55:49pm    Comment
Are you serious? People say Happy Holidays because Christians aren't the only ones celebrating holidays around this time. I don't usually agree with being politically correct, but in this instance I do. If you have the right to yell "Merry Christmas" then why do you feel a Jew doesn't have the right to yell just as loud "Happy Hanukkah"?
#5    Anonymous     12/23/10 @ 02:02:52pm    Comment
O_O Bones. You're so freaking retarded. *Christ*mas is celebrated because of the birth of Jesus Christ. Someone should shoot you or you should kill yourself.
#6    Anonymous     12/23/10 @ 02:50:57pm    Comment
Actually, I just stated a fact. Easily researched if you took the time to look, but you're probably just lazy. You're also really uneducated about your own holy book (which is usually the case about all of you people).

Nowhere in the Bible does it even hint and when Jesus was born. No date or even general time-frame is given. Nobody knows. What we do know from science is that a) from mapping the celestial calendar, we have been able to determine that Jesus could not have been born anywhere near December and b) It is unlikely a woman could give birth out in a manger in Bethlehem around the December months, without suffering or dying from hypothermia. It certainly wouldn't have been as placid as the nativity scenes would suggest. I suppose we are to assume that this is all part of the "miracle" thing.

Pagan holidays were specifically targeted by the Christians as a clever way to convert the people. It is hard to create a religious celebration or a holiday out of thin air and expect people of opposing faiths (especially ones that you are attempting to eliminate), to shift over. It is, however, much easier to conveniently "assimilate" a re-existing holiday and then just rewrite the context of it. It was actually the most effective method of converting the Pagans.

You can try to argue, because I know you know it makes your religion look a little less-than-desirable...but this is just plain and simply a fact. Sorry to burst your bubble.
Also...not very *Christ*like of you to wish death upon someone. You disgust me.
#7    Bones     12/23/10 @ 03:11:35pm    Comment
to me, Christmas is to celebrate the birth of Christ my saviour. I once considered my self Christian and followed the faith, but with so many relegions and all these people trying to convert me to their religions i gave up. to me all religions lead to the one and only almighty God. christian i have so many things to say about them, not going to judge, jeohovas witness, catholics, prebysterian, i'm done. plainly read the bible its all there. simple god will show you what to do, and what reigin to follow. to all Merry Christmas, and Happy Holidays.
#8
Anonymous    12/23/10 @ 03:48:45pm    Comment
Bones, you just rehashed a conversation several members of my church and I had less than a week ago. I heard(but haven't seen the pertinent verses yet) that the Bible places the birth of Christ near harvest time, so you might include that in your next tirade. Most educated people are clearly aware of the facts surrounding Christmas' inception and why its date was chosen, but everybody who watches that Boondocks episode thinks they've found the silver bullet to destroy every Christian they come across.

#5, you assume too much. I like hearing "Happy Hanukkah" just fine.

Come to think of it, "Happy Holidays" never bothered me until businesses started making it policy to ignore why their sales seem to skyrocket at the same time every year.
#9    Anonymous     12/23/10 @ 04:25:02pm    Comment
Bones. I'm not lazy. I just believe in my own stuff while you believe in nothing. I feel sorry for you. And why in the world would the word "Christ" be in Christmas if it wasn't set aside of Jesus Christ's birthday? Gosh. You are retarded. I'm surprised you didn't add that it had to have been impossible because Mary was a virgin :P And yes. It was/is a miracle. God helped them get through it because he is almighty. He helped them stay alive. And so what if maybe it wasn't exactly Dec 25 when Jesus was born? I bet Easter makes you happy. Because that's when Jesus died. I bet you jump for glee because someone made his life short. :P Freaking stupid atheists. I feel sorry for you guys. And you don't know everything. Who died and made you the king of anything? You can't say any of this stuff for 100%. Neither can I but I have faith in things unlike some people. So what's the purpose of staying on this Earth if when we die, we just die. that's dumb and boring. You can be in hell while I'm in heaven. That's fine with me. Just know that you'll never change my mind. God created the entire universe and he sent Jesus Christ down to die for our sins so that we can go to heaven if we place our faith and trust in him.
#10    Anonymous     12/23/10 @ 04:28:52pm    Comment
#9, I'm not assuming. My point is that if you have the right to say Merry Christmas, and someone else has the right to say Happy Hanukkah, then when talking to someone you don't know personally, why not use the umbrella term "Happy Holidays". What is so threatening about that?
#11    Anonymous     12/23/10 @ 04:55:20pm    Comment
#9, you're clearly not the type of Christian I have a problem with, then. Also, I wasn't trying to destroy anyone.

I just find it irritating that people try to say that this season is ONLY for Christians to celebrate THEIR holiday. It is exclusive and rude. That is why people say "Happy Holidays." It isn't to piss Christians off or to degrade them, so stop singling yourselves out and acting like the whole world is against you.

#10, you obviously don't have the capacity to understand the point of what I posted, so you are not worth the time to argue with. Resorting to calling someone "retarded" because they don't agree with everything you say is pathetic and I will not stoop to that.

Enjoy your holiday season, I hope you are all able to spend some quality time with your families and relax before school/work starts back up. HAPPY HOLIDAYS!
#12    Bones     12/23/10 @ 05:00:25pm    Comment
It's called "Christ"mas because that's the Christian version of winter solstice. The point is that there are other holidays that predate Christmas which are also observed on the same day.

I know it's difficult to study and your body is changing and you have a lot of questions right now but try to vent those hormones into something more productive.
#13    suthezcian     12/23/10 @ 05:09:04pm    Comment
i KNEW that bones and suthezcian would say something about this. f***ing tools.
#14    Anonymous     12/23/10 @ 08:36:25pm    Comment
When I was in school years ago, it was called Christmas vacation. Also, during the pledge, we would say, "Under God..." Now we call it Winter Vacation and can no longer say "Under God" in our pledge. What I am sick of is changing our culture because some people are upset with our old ways of life. I am not arguing for a Pro-Christian holiday, I am simply arguing for maintaining the integrity of our Nation! I dont think we should change ANYTHING about our country in that respect. It was a GREAT country then and it is a GREAT country now but I feel as though we are slowly losing our identity. We need one, and thats why I wish this country would declare an official religion and language.
#15    Anonymous     12/23/10 @ 09:00:29pm    Comment
#8: "to me all religions lead to the one and only almighty God"

UMMMM, what about polytheism? Hinduism, Buddhism, Neopaganism? These are contemporary and fairly prominent religions that should not be overlooked.

Happy Pancha Ganapati! And a belated Bodhi Day everyone!
#16    Anonymous     12/23/10 @ 09:12:16pm    Comment
#14- Ikr?
#17    Anonymous     12/23/10 @ 09:26:55pm    Comment
The virgin Maria got pregnant with Jesus around christmas times, it was not when he was born...

Without faith you have nothing ^^,
have faith in God... even if there is no signs of him being out there.. just try to keep faith in him xD
#18    Almo     12/23/10 @ 09:27:51pm    Comment
Dear Bones,

I think you are supporting our cause and holding your own beautifully. I wish we were friends. :(

a non-creepy admirer
#19    Anonymous     12/23/10 @ 09:30:55pm    Comment
#13- I thought puberty stopped at 17.
#20    Anonymous     12/23/10 @ 09:31:17pm    Comment
#15 You obviously know nothing about our founding fathers and their views on religion. Please go look up the knights of columbus and how "under god" was added in the 60's.
#21    suthezcian     12/23/10 @ 09:43:50pm    Comment
#14 and #17, I'm so flattered that we came to your mind. <3

#19, thank you! We can be friends :)

This is going to be very reminiscent of the other thread where we tell them, "Go do research and educate yourselves" while they say, "you're retarded!"

Hmm, who knew that suggesting to people to better themselves would make them so mad! Doesn't make sense to me, but whatever!
#22    Bones     12/23/10 @ 09:58:49pm    Comment
#14 Try contributing to the conversation instead of droning on about things that have no bearing on the topic. Everyone knows you're going to start throwing out insults but we don't need to point it out.
#23    suthezcian     12/23/10 @ 09:59:40pm    Comment
#22- idk bout everyone else but I'm mad because you think i'm dumb because i believe in something and i should educate myself to not believe in God. wtf?
#24    Anonymous     12/23/10 @ 10:05:03pm    Comment
Believing in god doesn't make you dumb. Saying evolution is false or that the earth is 6000 years old makes you dumb.
#25    Anonymous     12/23/10 @ 11:02:54pm    Comment
#25- No it doesn't. It's called having your own beliefs, thoughts, opinions, and faith.
#26    Anonymous     12/23/10 @ 11:17:19pm    Comment
If someone said "I belive the universe is made of chocolate"... does that make them dumb... or is that just their own beliifs? Please answer...
#27    Almo     12/23/10 @ 11:30:23pm    Comment
#27 LOL good point!!
#28    Anonymous     12/23/10 @ 11:33:06pm    Comment
I still want an answer...
#29    Almo     12/23/10 @ 11:39:25pm    Comment
@Almo: That's basically my point. I can have a reasonable discussion with someone who simply believes in god and is a deist. But when someone with absolutely no knowledge of reality starts denying science because it doesn't coincide with their book then I have an issue. The age of the earth and evolution and big bang etc are as secure facts as anything. A book written by sheep herders a few thousand years ago can have nothing to say on these subjects plain and simple.

But more relevant to this post is the absolute ignorance of "Anonymous?" on the history of Christmas and Christianity, which is really fascinating to be honest.
#30    suthezcian     12/23/10 @ 11:49:08pm    Comment
Well, I belive in the bible and stuff... but I have an open mind, I know it can be wrong... but it dosen't hurt me to have faith in something ^^,

I belive that the earth is somwhere between 8 and 15 thousand years old... if God created the earth in 6 days, and the 7th he rested (Somwhere in the bible (I think) it says something like that 1 day for god, might be a thousand years for us...or something like that...not really sure...and I don't really care...)

oh how I wish the universe was made of choocolate... no more starvation for anyone xD
#31    Almo     12/23/10 @ 11:54:58pm    Comment
Suthezcian, you might want to rethink your argument. If an entire country declares CHRISTMAS a national holiday, we should have the right to say Merry Christmas and call this vacation Christmas vacation. In addition to that, at least 70% of Americans are some form of christianity. Now why would 230 million americans want christmas as a holiday and not say Merry Christmas? Thats absurd. This country has been celebrating christmas since our founding fathers. Had christianity not comprised such a high percent of America, we would most likely not declare christmas a holiday. But since this country DID declare it a holiday, I say, MERRY CHRISTMAS and a Happy New Year!!!!
#32    Anonymous     12/24/10 @ 12:22:00am    Comment
#24, I am not saying to educate yourself to no longer believe in god. That is not at all what I mean. What I mean when I say to educate yourself is to learn basic historical and/or scientific facts. Many times you even need to learn things that are in your own Bible.

When I tell you guys to critically think, or to research and educate yourselves, it has nothing to do with educating yourselves away from god...just to gain knowledge. What is wrong with that?
#33    Bones     12/24/10 @ 12:49:34am    Comment
#32 Maybe I wasn't clear in what I said. I was simply pointing out that December 25th isn't only a Christmas holiday and has roots in paganism and Norse mythology. Also that "under god" was added in the 60's. That was wrong and should be rectified.

Here's what I said about Christmas: "I personally say Merry Christmas because I have nothing against tradition. I'll reciprocate a happy hanukkah or happy holidays as well."

I don't follow the PC crowd. People have a right to say merry christmas, happy holidays, happy fesitvus etc. People are too sensitive and I'm with my conservative brothers and sisters on this issue.
#34    suthezcian     12/24/10 @ 01:07:00am    Comment
#33- Yet every time I stick up for my faith you tell me I'm lazy and I'm un-educated.
#35    Anonymous     12/24/10 @ 01:30:31am    Comment
@35 yea im beginning to wonder if bones and suthezcian is the same person or if they are dating. They always point out how ignorant someone is, passively insult someone, and seem to comment right after another.
#36    Anonymous     12/24/10 @ 01:41:28am    Comment
Faith doesn't make you lazy and uneducated. Being lazy and not educating yourself does. You were ignorant of Noah's ark until I had to set you straight and still you couldn't admit your ignorance. If you don't know anything about your own bible or science then what do you have left? Ignorance.

And calling you lazy is a lot nicer than what has been said on your side. Little b**** in prison, stalking me online, saying such rude things that muttr staff had to remove your posts; just to name a few.
#37    suthezcian     12/24/10 @ 02:08:14am    Comment
I really wish we could all get along though. :(
#38    suthezcian     12/24/10 @ 03:59:29am    Comment
#36- omg ikr?
#37- I do educate myself. You don't know me at all. And I never said rude things to the extent that MuttrStaff had to remove them. If any comments were removed it was someone else. I don't stalk you online. I was on this muttr before you. No, I'm not in prison. . . O_o You guys still don't get it. Every time I say something about my religion you come up with some scientific theory or science words and say I'm un-educated. I have my own beliefs and you have yours. If you don't want any arguments then don't argue with me. Stop wasting your time on us Christians on here.
#38- HAHA! No.

#39    Anonymous     12/24/10 @ 11:56:42am    Comment
#39 You are awesome!
#40    Anonymous     12/24/10 @ 01:32:27pm    Comment
#39, no one was saying you were in prison. Suthezcian was called that by someone on your side in another thread.

To everyone else, I don't know how many times we have to explain ourselves. If you don't know something, and refuse to research it makes you lazy. When you don't know about anything we are talking about, you are uneducated on the issue. I should clarify that much; when I say uneducated, I don't mean generally, I mean about the issue.

Also, please use your brain. What would be the point of the same person posting under two different account names? I can assure you we are two different people. To say we are dating is a fair assumption, I suppose, but I assure you again that we are not. We have been friends for a long time and share a common interest in science. Of course, my explanations will just be turned into some sort of immature joke on your end, which is why I am not really bothering with the argument at hand. You all resort to ad hominem fallacies and it is getting pathetic and irritating.

Anyway, is everyone enjoying their holiday season? ;)
#41    Bones     12/24/10 @ 04:00:01pm    Comment
that doesnt surprise me since both of you know e/o because you both insult people in the same manner. Also, heres a hint: USE YOUR BRAIN! I have different accounts in which I am different people. Why? Because its f***in fun to mess with people!
#42    Anonymous     12/24/10 @ 04:16:53pm    Comment
#40- Thank you!
#41- I have done my research. I have thought of everything I believe in not being true, but I have faith. Leave me the freak alone. Good grief. Don't judge people on the first second. Ask questions and don't assume.
And yes! I am enjoying Christmas. Tonight we open presents!
#42- You're great.

For my fellow Christians, there's a song called "Christmas Must Be Something More" by Taylor Swift. If you haven't already, you should go listen to it :] I love it.
#43    Anonymous     12/24/10 @ 05:19:34pm    Comment
#42, That's...productive? :-/
#44    Bones     12/24/10 @ 05:20:39pm    Comment
some people have issues.
deal with it and get over it fast.
happy holidays, merry christmas happy pancha day happy hunnaka chunnaka, feliz navidad, happy everything and learn to enjoy life.
#45
Anonymous    12/24/10 @ 05:30:14pm    Comment
Oh boy another attempt at the very rare and elusive most commented thread!
For those who have religion, It is quite simple, expand your mind and gather facts before you begin arguing, (otherwise you just sound un-educated and ignorant!)
Contrary to common misconception, Most atheists are decent people who want nothing more than to live free from religion. It really is quite pathetic how some people just immediately start to smash another person for what they believe, Especially those who are on the religion side...To you I say tisk tisk , Doesn't your bible or whatever religious literature you base your life on say "Judge not lest ye be judged"? May be different in other cultures but my point is do you really have to berate someone over their religious or non- religious preference? As a proud atheist I understand it's about being educated and if by chance someone would like to gain knowledge on the subject, Offer it to them, Do NOT force it upon them like so many religious folks do. Use YOUR mind , examine the evidence and facts that are out there, And make a decision for yourself. Or just believe in the faith system? Your call...
#46    Anonymous     12/25/10 @ 04:52:17pm    Comment
Will you shut the hell up about being educated and knowing the evidence and facts...its getting old. Seriously. And tell your programmer homeboys to stfu too.
#47    Anonymous     12/25/10 @ 07:37:28pm    Comment
Yeah facts and evidence are getting old haha. Stupid people talk like that.
#49
Anonymous    12/26/10 @ 09:59:07am    Comment
#49 ikr!
#50    Anonymous     12/26/10 @ 11:06:18am    Comment
It's not even the Christmas season anymore.... but MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!!
#51    memyself&i     01/14/11 @ 10:30:58pm    Comment
You're retarded! Hahaha
#52
Anonymous    03/02/11 @ 01:11:06am    Comment
That's really thinking out of the box. Thknas!
#54
Anonymous    06/01/11 @ 03:11:14pm    Comment
Jews and Muslims have never COMPLAINED about Christmas. What are you talking about and by the way if you REALLY want to get your facts straight you'll be disapointed to know that CHRISTMAS is actually NOT on 25th Dec. But then again all the politically correct a**h*** like people that don't get their facts straight so I can see why people like you are loved by this twisted government, because you're just like the politicians ....... twisted except the politicians know their twisted but you're just too stupid to even know !!!!!!

Have a HAPPY "PRETEND/WINTER/CHRISTMAS/SANTA/SNOWY" ......... VACATION
#55    Anonymous     12/04/11 @ 10:56:15am    Comment
Domestic violence and abuse can happen to anyone, yet the problem is often overlooked, excused, or denied. This is especially true when the abuse is psychological, rather than physical. Noticing and acknowledging the signs of an abusive relationship is the first step to ending it. No one should live in fear of the person they love. If you recognize yourself or someone you know in the following warning signs and descriptions of abuse, reach out.

Domestic abuse, also known as spousal abuse, occurs when one person in an intimate relationship or marriage tries to dominate and control the other person. Domestic abuse that includes physical violence is called domestic violence.

Domestic violence and abuse are used for one purpose and one purpose only: to gain and maintain total control over you. An abuser doesn’t “play fair.” Abusers use fear, guilt, shame, and intimidation to wear you down and keep you under his or her thumb. Your abuser may also threaten you, hurt you, or hurt those around you.

Domestic violence and abuse does not discriminate. It happens among heterosexual couples and in same-sex partnerships. It occurs within all age ranges, ethnic backgrounds, and economic levels. And while women are more commonly victimized, men are also abused—especially verbally and emotionally, although sometimes even physically as well. The bottom line is that abusive behavior is never acceptable, whether it’s coming from a man, a woman, a teenager, or an older adult. You deserve to feel valued, respected, and safe.

Recognizing abuse is the first step to getting help

Domestic abuse often escalates from threats and verbal abuse to violence. And while physical injury may be the most obvious danger, the emotional and psychological consequences of domestic abuse are also severe. Emotionally abusive relationships can destroy your self-worth, lead to anxiety and depression, and make you feel helpless and alone. No one should have to endure this kind of pain—and your first step to breaking free is recognizing that your situation is abusive. Once you acknowledge the reality of the abusive situation, then you can get the help you need.

Signs of an abusive relationship

There are many signs of an abusive relationship. The most telling sign is fear of your partner. If you feel like you have to walk on eggshells around your partner—constantly watching what you say and do in order to avoid a blow-up—chances are your relationship is unhealthy and abusive. Other signs that you may be in an abusive relationship include a partner who belittles you or tries to control you, and feelings of self-loathing, helplessness, and desperation.

To determine whether your relationship is abusive, answer the questions below. The more “yes” answers, the more likely it is that you’re in an abusive relationship.

#57    Anonymous     07/18/12 @ 06:22:40pm    Comment
#1, I am an athiest. I celebrate Christmas. I say Merry Christmas. I respect people of each religion, usually. Then some Christian comes and says that athiests are horrible people implying that we don't respect Christians. I know some don't but I do.
#58    corgiann     08/07/12 @ 07:25:14am    Comment
Merry F'N Christmas!

I don't even care that it's January.

#59
Anonymous    01/28/13 @ 12:07:20am    Comment
MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
#60    Anonymous     02/03/13 @ 10:22:53pm    Comment
you Christian Dick
#61    Anonymous     02/11/13 @ 01:12:49pm    Comment

#62    Anonymous     02/11/13 @ 01:14:12pm    Comment
my boyfriend is a muslim and i am an athiest.
#63
Anonymous    02/26/13 @ 08:52:32pm    Comment
HA.
#64    Anonymous     08/01/13 @ 10:40:57PM    Comment
I just say "Happy holidays" to the handful of Jews that I know of and "Merry Christmas" to everyone else and leave it at that.
#65    Anonymous     08/22/13 @ 07:38:06PM    Comment
I do beg your pardon, but will you please not use the word "retarded" in a derogatory manner? You can have a civilized discussion without being offensive, I'm sure.
#66
Anonymous    10/09/13 @ 07:20:19PM    Comment
I believe that once people observe and forgive each other's (i say 'people' because no two athiests are the same, no two christians are the same, etc) mistakes then the prideful war between athiests/Christians will finally come to an end..
Happy ThanksGiving Everyone!!
#67
Anonymous    11/28/13 @ 07:38:23AM    Comment
Hahaha
#68
ladyblue    01/05/14 @ 04:01:00pm    Comment
NUMBER 69!!

Irrelevant, but I had to.
#69
Anonymous    02/18/14 @ 08:26:17pm    Comment
And people call Jews rude. This honestly disgusts me. It's people like you in the world that care only for yourselves. All you do is think Christianity is the only right religion and everyone else that doesn't believe in it is stupid. Christmas is not the only holiday going on at that time, and the only reason you guys celebrate it is because you spoiled brats just want f***ing presents.
#70
Anonymous    02/24/14 @ 03:10:37am    Comment
Hey OP, how about showing a bit of respect to other religions?
#71